Additional resources and information:
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence– “NCADV’s work includes coalition building at the local, state, regional and national levels; support for the provision of community-based, non-violent alternatives – such as safe home and shelter programs – for battered women and their children; public education and technical assistance; policy development and innovative legislation; focus on the leadership of NCADV’s caucuses developed to represent the concerns of organizationally under represented groups; and efforts to eradicate social conditions which contribute to violence against women and children” – (http://www.ncadv.org).
- Michigan Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence “MCADSV is dedicated to the empowerment of all the state’s survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Our mission is to develop and promote efforts aimed at the elimination of all domestic and sexual violence in Michigan” (http://www.mcadsv.org).
- RAINN – Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network: “The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network is the nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at rainn.org, and publicizes the hotline’s free, confidential services; educates the public about sexual assault; and leads national efforts to prevent sexual assault, improve services to victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice” (http://www.rainn.org).
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: loveisrespect.org is a joint project between the National Dating Abuse Helpline and Break the Cycle to provide resources for teens, parents, friends and family, peer advocates, government officials, law enforcement officials and the general public. All communication is confidential and anonymous”- (http://loveisrespect.org).
- Dial Help Dial Help of Houghton is a community based crisis center that co-ordinates with shelters and programs to find victims services near them through one toll free number. You can read more about Dial Help in our press release here
The 24 hour crisis line is (800)882-1515. (http://www.dialhelp.org)
- www.upcap.org www.upcap.org for 211 information in the UP. (http://www.upcap.org)