The Parenting Program is a 20-week nurturing program in which a staff person comes to your home once a week for a 1.5 hour session. Each session has a different topic which will be discussed in detail. Each week parents receive the information for the session before the set meeting time, so they have time to look over the information and come up with any questions they may have.
Each week the first hour of the meeting is spend covering the topic of the week. The last half hour is family interaction time, when the entire family participates in an activity together. The activity is planned by the staff person, and changes each week.
Topics covered in the Parenting Program
- Family Rules
- Ages and Stages
- Behavior Management
- Communication and Criticism
- Baby Proofing
- Touch and Talk
Guidelines for Parenting Program Participants
Investing time in learning how to be a strong parent is one of the best gifts you can give your child. As such, there are a few rules for the parenting program, which include:
- 2 missed (no show) appointments back to back means termination from the program.
- 3 missed (no show) appointments at any point in the program means termination from the program
- Read assigned material before the meeting
- Ask any questions you may have